Source Article: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Boy-nearly-dies-while-mom-out-drinking-20130604
Johannesburg - A 7-year-old boy from Sasolburg nearly died when his house caught fire while his mother was out drinking at a nearby bar.
According to a Volksblad report, the boy was asleep at home when the fire woke him up.
“The child was lying asleep. He woke up from the heat and flames and smoke and could flee to safety through an open window,” said Zamdela police constable Peter Kareli.
It transpired that the boy’s 25-year-old mother regularly left the house on a Thursday evening, and would leave her child alone at home until Sunday or Monday.
She was arrested for child neglect at the bar and was taken into custody.
She will appear in a Sasolburg court soon.
This is a perfect example of why a lot of people should not be parents.
How can it be justified for people that are untrained and are not responsible are allowed to raise and train children- who are literally the future of us all? The child that is in this article will forever be scarred by this event and will be cared for by another which is most likely, similarly untrained.
It should be a given that any individual that wants to get pregnant should be checked to see if they are capable of supporting and raising a child and are then trained as to what are appropriate responses to behaviour and how to train the child to live as a responsible and stable person in the world.
If you consider that if children were raised properly, that they would be able to change the world – succeeding where we have failed.
If you want to learn how to be a better parent, investigate: