Sunday 2 September 2012

Day 5 - Stuttering

I have recently realized that I need to look at my communication with people as I tend to ramble and stutter instead of speaking clearly and directly and get my point across without confusing people and getting annoyed with them for not understanding me as if it is their fault.

When looking at the point I realise that I do it out of nervousness and fear of being misunderstood or getting into a fight over miscommunication that I will blame on the other person to give me a reason to be angry at them.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to blame others for what I see in them that I am actually projecting onto them
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to project onto others the points that I have been suppressing
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to want to hide my fear with anger
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to use blaming others as a way to hide form myself
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to be afraid of speaking to other people
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to go into nervousness and fear when speaking to other people
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear being misunderstood when speaking to other people
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to start rambling and stuttering out of fear of being misunderstood

I commit myself to stopping myself from going into fear when the concept of speaking to other people comes up
I commit myself to stop myself when I see myself start rambling and stuttering, breathe and slow myself down and choose my words specifically without being afraid of being misunderstood
I commit myself to stopping myself from blaming others when I start rambling or stuttering and realize that I am actually angry at myself for allowing myself to make a fool of myself and let go of my anger towards myself
I commit myself to not allowing myself to project my anger towards myself unto other people

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis